WILD CHANNEL COUNRY - western queensland
TBC - MID 2019
The Flock are flying to remote western Queensland for an unforgettable journey into Australia's true outback!
Our Wild Channel Country tour starts in Longreach, home of the QANTAS museum and the Stockman's Hall of Fame, and from there we leave the bitumen behind and head to 'Noonbah', a working cattle station owned by one of Australia's greatest naturalists, Angus Emmott, along with his lovely wife Karen.
'Noonbah' is a xxxxx million acre cattle station managed by Angus and Karen in an environmentally sustainable manner, and never over-grazed. It is home to 7572954 species of birds, 2354 reptiles and 343 mammals.
Whilst at Noonbah we will be looked after with home-cooked country meals, and put up in wonderful farm cottage accommodation.
at a glance
Flights to and from the island (ex Sydney) are included, and we'll be spending 7 nights together staying at Blue Lagoon Lodge.
Blue Lagoon is perfectly situated between the lagoon and Ned's Beach, and also a stones throw from the wonderful Anchorage cafe/restaurant (mmm coffee...)
Obviously we'll be capturing plenty of bird images! We'll also have some fun doing time-lapses and a bit of landscape photography. And don't forget your GoPro or underwater camera as there will also be opportunities for snorkelling the reef and looking for turtles!
all skill levels
You don't need to be an expert photographer with a super telephoto lens to enjoy this workshop. A lot of the species we will encounter can allow a closer approach, so whatever camera you have there is no doubt that you will still learn a lot and have great fun doing it!
Weather permitting, we're planning on a boat trip to the imposing Ball's Pyramid with local legends Jack Shick and Ian Hutton.
A great opportunity to test your sea-legs and bird in flight skills as we target petrels, shearwaters, and storm-petrels.
* 7 Nights Accommodation at Blue Lagoon
* Return Qantaslink flights ex Sydney
* Expert Photographic and Ecological Tuition
* Morning and Afternoon outings focussing on different birds & techniques including wide-angle and super telephotos, birds in flight and more
* Classroom sessions on Photographic techniques, composition and Post Processing
* Practical Sessions on Landscape photography - long exposures, time-lapse, and Wildlife cinematography!
* Boat trip to Balls Pyramid with Jack Shick & Ian Hutton (weather permitting)
* Glass Bottom boat cruise & Snorkelling at North Bay
* Museum lecture with Ian Hutton
* Airport transfers on Lord Howe Island
* Welcome Dinner
* Farewell Dinner
* Bike Hire
$TBC PER PERSON*
*Twin Share. Price subject to availability at time of booking. Single Supplement cost available on request.
Ask us about our special non-photographer partner rate!
* It could potentially be hot out there so be prepared with hat, sunscreen, appropriate clothing including wet weather jacket.
* As with any tour, unfortunately we cannot control the weather or indeed the wildlife. The itinerary will be flexible to make the most of the weather - especially in regards to boat trips.